In this issue:
1) Invitation to a Hybrid session on "Remote Technology in Micro Insurance" on 6 September 2023.
AIT Extension is pleased to invite you to a Hybrid session on "Remote Technology in Micro Insurance" on Wednesday, 6th September 2023 at 14:00 hrs. Bangkok time.
The venue will be Creator Space, Entrepreneurship Center (EC), AIT Extension Building.
For more information and registration please visit https://extension.ait.ac.th/course/hybrid-online-live-session-remote-tec...
2) Webinar on Important Aspects of 1st Hearing of the Arbitral Tribunal
Arbitration is one of the important types of dispute resolution in the construction industry because it provides resolution faster than litigation in court. The parties have the benefit of selecting many things, such as the arbitrators, the applicable law, language, seat of arbitration, procedures, etc. Moreover, the arbitral award is not subject to review by the court. It can also be enforced by the courts of other member countries of the New York Convention. However, the court may set aside or refuse enforcement in a limited circumstance.
The first hearing of the Arbitral Tribunal is a very important procedure to create understanding between the parties of the dispute to avoid any circumstances which may cause the arbitral award to be set aside or refused enforcement. The understanding of the parties in the first hearing can also expedite the arbitral process.
For more information and registration please visit:
Date: Wednesday, 20th September 2023
Time: 5:00 pm Bangkok time
3) Invitation to the AIT Extension's campaign on "Donation for Greener Community"
AIT Extension has organized a CSR campaign on "Donation for Greener Community" during 18 August - 19 September 2023.
This campaign aims to promote sustainability and reduce environmental waste by encouraging AIT Community to donate unused items to needy people.
You can participate in this event by donating your unused items at the following donation points:
- Donation Center, behind the Purchasing Office, Administration Building
- Dormitory P, near the stairway
- ST6, near the notice board
- AIT Cafeteria
4) Registration | Japanese Listening and Speaking Course [Level 1]
We are pleased to announce that the Japanese Listening and Speaking Level 1 course is now open for registration.
Please click here to register and join us.
1) [WORKSHOP] Green Skills and Jobs for the future (14-15 September 2023)
You are warmly invited to participate in a workshop on green skills and jobs for a circular economy organized on 14-15 September at The Sukosol Hotel (Phayathai, Bangkok). This 2-day workshop will focus on the ongoing developments to increase sustainable consumption and production patterns and how this provides opportunities for youth skills development for the circular economy.
The workshop is organized by the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) in partnership with organizations such as Yunus Thailand, UN Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) with the support from the OAK Foundation.
Are you interested to hear and learn more about green skills development for circularity? Register by filling in the form: https://forms.office.com/e/cdyR4F1Sie
For more information, please check the event concept and agenda attached or visit the event website: https://www.unep.org/events/workshop/green-jobs-future
2) Online Course on IFRS Series: Understanding IFRS 17 (Insurance Contract)
IFRS 17 replaces IFRS 4 on accounting for insurance contracts. IFRS 17 is effective for annual reporting periods beginning on or after 1 January 2023. However, each country will differ in terms of the effective date of adopting IFRS 17. For example, IFRS 17 would be effective from 1 January 2024 in Thailand and from 1 January 2025 in Indonesia. The financial services authorities of each country encourages the insurance industry to adopt IFRS 17 as soon as possible. The features in insurance products are increasingly diverse which entails a sound accounting standards. IFRS 17 will make the Financial Statements of insurance companies more comparable with other industries such as banking and other financial services. The most significant thing in IFRS 17 compared to the previous standard IFRS 4 is that the premiums are not recognized directly as income. There are 3 methods of revenue recognition in the insurance industry, namely the Building Block Approach, Premium Allocation Approach, and Variable Fee Approach.
For more information and registration please visit https://extension.ait.ac.th/course/ifrs-series-developing-ifrs-17-insurance-contract
Date: 6 September 2023
Time: 9:00 – 14:30 hrs. (Bangkok Time)
3) Capacity Development and Training for Cyber Insurance Specialist
This introductory training course is ideal for anyone wishing to gain a uniquely comprehensive understanding and practice of core cybersecurity risk assessment required for cyber insurance formulation, claim management, and broking business. The course assumes no prior technical knowledge and is delivered by our highly experienced cybersecurity consultant and cyber insurance professional.
- Learn core elements of cybersecurity and information technology.
- Aware common components of cybersecurity risks and identify multiple types of risk patterns and cybersecurity threats.
- Understand laws and regulations related to personal data security and protection.
- Develop fundamental understanding of cyber insurance policy coverages and exclusions thru case studies.
For more information and registration please visit https://extension.ait.ac.th/course/capacity-development-and-training-cyber-insurance-specialist
Date: 25 – 28 September 2023
Venue: S31 Sukhumvit Hotel
4) Professional Development Course on “Carbon Markets and Climate Finance”
Climate finance provides the means to the implementation of projects, carbon pricing provides the incentive to mobilize the most “cost-effective” mitigation options. Carbon pricing can be a source of climate finance: with emissions trading through the auctioning of allowances, with carbon tax through tax levied, revenues raised can be used for adaptation and/or mitigation activities.
Date: 2 – 13 October 2023
Venue: AIT Campus
For more information and registration please visit https://extension.ait.ac.th/course/carbon-markets-and-climate-finance
5) Professional development on “Strategic Human Resource Management and Business Leadership”
AIT Extension invites you to join the training on professional development on “Strategic Human Resource Management and Business Leadership”.
This training course is designed to support HR leaders and professionals in their quest for best practices that will be more beneficial to their organization’s human resources and for the achievement of business targets. By providing them with a better understanding of how to be both strategic and human-centered in their HR strategies and initiatives, and giving them opportunities to explore various frameworks, tools, and techniques, they will be able to translate strategic thinking into actionable outcomes that will make all stakeholders happy.
For more information and registration please visit https://extension.ait.ac.th/course/strategic-human-resource-management-and-business-leadership-0
Date: 16 – 20 October 2023
Venue: AIT Conference Center
6) The 3rd International Symposium on Disaster Resilience and Sustainable Development (DRSD 2023)
The 3rd International Symposium on Disaster Resilience and Sustainable Development (DRSD 2023) is a continuation of previous symposia held in 2019 and 2021 and which were heralded as successful events. This year, DRSD 2023 will be a fully in-person event which will include keynote speeches, panel discussions, technical sessions, poster presentations and academic exhibitions.
The Symposium is open for participants from around the world and from various fields, such as researchers, practitioners, social motivators, innovators, IGOs, INGO/NGOs, civil society, early career academics, and students. The International Symposium aims to present a discourse on improving developmental practices to reduce long-term complex risks and promote equitable sustainability. This is reflected in the Symposium's six (6) thematic areas.
We are currently open for abstract submission for oral and poster presentations at the Symposium. Visit this link to submit your abstract: http://www.disaster-sustainability.org/paper-submission/
For more information on the Symposium, thematic areas, registration fees and processes, and submission of abstracts, please visit our website: www.disaster-sustainability.org
- Dr. Pisut Koomsap, Faculty- ISE/SET/ Malaysia/ 18 - 21 September 2023
- Mr. Sanjeev Jayasinghe, Executive Director, OAAA/ Hanoi, Vietnam/ 14 - 18 October 2023
- Mr. Sanjeev Jayasinghe, Executive Director, OAAA/ Dhaka, Bangladesh/ 29 - 31 October 2023
- Mr. Sanjeev Jayasinghe, Executive Director, OAAA/ Malaysia/ 1 - 5 November 2023
- Mr. Sanjeev Jayasinghe, Executive Director, OAAA/ Colombo, Sri Lanka/ 12 - 17 November 2023
- Mr. Sanjeev Jayasinghe, Executive Director, OAAA/ Doha, Qatar/ 26 - 30 November 2023
- Prof. Joyashred Roy, Director, Smarts Centre / Canada/ 30 August - 8 September 2023
- Dr. Kuo Chieh Chao, Faculty-SET/ Tokyo, Japan / 7 - 17 September 2023
- Mr. Pavel Farhan, intERLab / Kyoto, Japan/ 10 - 12 September 2023
- Prof. Weerakorn Ongsakul, Faculty-SERD/ Hongkong/ 8 - 10 September 2023
- Dr. Gullberto H. Borongan, RRCAP Director/ Philippines/ 7 - 15 September 2023
- Mrs. Kristine Mendoza Perez, RRCAP/ Philippines/ 6 - 17 September 2023
- Mr. Bayasyalan Sunduijav, RRCAP/ Korea/ 25 August - 22 September 2023
- Mr. Huno Solomon Kofi Mensah, RRCAP/ Philippines/ 6 - 16 September 2023
- Mr. Swun Wunna Htet, GIC/ Vienna, Austria/ 1 - 29 October 2023
- Dr. Indrajit Pal, Faculty-SET/ Bangladesh/ 9 - 14 September 2023
- Dr. Djoen San Santoso, Faculty-SET/ Japan/ 7 - 17 September 2023
- Monira Ahsan, SERD/ Hamburg, Germany/ 20 August - 29 September 2023
- Dr. Kavinda Gunasekara, GWSC Manager/ Dhaka, Bangladesh/ 23 August - 1 September 2023
- Amanda Keren Townshend, OAAA/ Dhaka, Bangladesh/ 1 - 3 October 2023
- Prof. Anil Kumar Anal, Faculty-SERD/ Phnom Penh, Cambodia/ 3 - 7 September 2023
- Mr. Syam Sundar Pullagura, SERD/ EGAT, Nakorn Ratchasima, Mae Moh Coal Mine, etc./ 2 - 6 October 2023
- Ms. Jittima Noyneam, SERD/ EGAT, Nakorn Ratchasima, Mae Moh Coal Mine, etc./ 2 - 6 October 2023
- Dr. Jal Govind Singh, Faculty-SERD/ EGAT, Nakorn Ratchasima, Mae Moh Coal Mine, etc./ 2 - 6 October 2023
- Prof. Mukand S. Babel, Faculty-SET/ Beljing, China/ 10 - 14 September 2023
- Mr. Sharad Aryal, SET/ Beljing, China/ 10 - 14 September 2023
- Dr. Dibesh Khadka, SET/ Beljing, China/ 10 - 14 September 2023
- Dr. Wenchao Xue, Director, BRRC/ 3 - 16 September 2023
1. Structural Engineer, AIT Solutions
2. Knowledge Management Officer, GWSC
3. Administrative Officer, GRU
4. Laboratory Supervisor, SERD