In this issue:
1) AIT 2023 Year-End Lunch Together Party (For Staff and Faculty)
Email from OHRS on 4 December 2023
Dear AIT Family,
Hear ye, Hear ye! The time is near and coming fast! So be excited and ready for the fun and surprises! We will celebrate with champagne and raise a toast to our colleagues and friends who are a must! We all deserve the opportunity to unwind and relax before the year ends.
Jingle your way to this year's AIT Year-End Party for a fun-filled day of games, delicious food, fancy costume competitions, and big raffle draw prizes! It is all happening on Friday, 15th December 2023 at 10:00 a.m. at the Administration grounds.
Here are the details so you don't miss the fun!.
Registration will start from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Please proceed to the front of the AIT Administration Presidential Office.
To check your registration, please contact the following.
SERD- Ms. Wantana Sa-Adpan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SET- Ms. Suwannee Tilapornputt (email@example.com)
SOM - Ms Chomchaba Katinted (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Central Administration (OPRE, OAA, OIA, OTA, OHRS, OSA, OFIN, OAAA, OPA, OIPA, LC, LIB, AITIS, OFAM, IAU), Ms. Anongnuch Tabklam (email@example.com)
Center - (AI Center, AIT EC, AIT Extension, AIT Solutions, CGC, GIC, GWSC, intERLab, RRCAP, SDP, YC) - Ms. Anongnuch Tabklam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fancy Costume Competition:
We are inviting creative fashion designers to participate in the fancy costume competition. The fancy costume would be "reflective of AIT", your creative ideas are welcome! So join the fun and grab the mystery prize that's been prepared for you!
Draw lot winners should be present during the raffle draw, otherwise, you will forfeit your prize. We have big and exciting prizes awaiting for you!
For those who have registered, your T-shirt can be collected at the following stations on 11-12 December 2023.
1. SERD - Khun Wantana at Dean-SERD Office
2. SET - Khun Suwanne at Dean, SET Office
3. SOM - Ms. Chomchaba at SOM Building
4. Centers - at your respective Offices, responsible person will communicate with your directly
4. Central Administration - OHRS Office
2) A Special lecture by Prof. Sanjeev P. Sahni, an Eminent Behavioural Scientist on "Maximising Human Potential through Behavioural Competencies”
A Special lecture by Prof. Sanjeev P. Sahni, an Eminent Behavioral Scientist on “Maximizing Human Potential through Behavioral Competencies”, 6 Dec 2023, 11am
Yunus Centre is pleased to extend an invitation to you all to join the Special Guest Lecture, "Maximising Human Potential through Behavioural Competencies," by Prof. Sanjeev Sahni on December 6, 2023, from 11.00–12.00 hrs at B-108 of AITCC.
He is the Eminence, Founder, and Principal Director of the Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences (JIBS), Director of the Centre for Victimology and Psychological Studies, Centre for Leadership and Change, Centre for Community Mental Health, Centre for Criminology and Forensic Studies, Advisor to the Vice Chancellor, and Member of the Governing Body at O. P. Jindal Global University, India. (Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University) Dr. Sahni has also recently been appointed as Vice President of the World Society of Victimology.
During the lecture, Prof. Sahni is going to talk about understanding and leveraging behavioural competencies that are critical for personal and professional growth and success. Behavioural competencies encompass knowledge, skills, attitudes, and actions that are critical for mastering one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviour. There are a multitude of behavioural competencies relevant for both individual and group performance, including adaptability, attention to detail, building positive relationships, conflict management, emotional intelligence, time management, and team leadership.
Please join us for this very important life lesson session, which is going to be very useful for both professional and day-to-day life. Prof. Sahni’s invaluable guidance will be very helpful in better understanding of human relations and interactions, Team building, leadership, etc.
Date: December 6, 2023
Time: 11.00–12.00 (BKK time)
In-person: B-108 (AITCC)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 9009 7751
We are looking forward to your participation in this very important and enriching event. Please mark the date on your calendar to attend the lecture.
3) December 31, 2023 closing announcement
Email from the Finance Department on 16 November 2023
To ensure that there will be no overlapping of transactions between 2023 and 2024, please strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
1) 2023 Payments cut off
● Approved payments received on or before 8th of December 2023 will be processed for payment transfer on the 15th of December 2023. Approved payments received between the 8th and 15th of December 2023 will be processed at the end of December 2023. Approved payment requests received after 15th of December 2023 will be processed in January 2024.
● Please avoid any delay in submission of the above documents since Finance has a deadline to close the annual account. Delay in submission means your request for payment will not be able to charge to 2023 budget.
● Overtime cut off is 13th December.
● Actual overtime up to the cut-off date plus estimation of overtime for the remaining weeks up to 31st December 2023 must reach Finance Office by 13th of December 2023 for accrual in 2023 account.
● Failure to submit estimated overtime within the deadline means there will be no budget to pay the overtime.
● All completed documents for reimbursement/refund through salary should reach Finance by 12th December 2023; if not, it will be paid together with January’s salary.
3) Purchase Requisition (PR) and Purchase Orders (PO)
Before issuing Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order in December 2023, please check whether works/services can be delivered/completed within the year 2023 or not. If yes, Purchase Requisition must be approved before 13th December 2023 and all Purchase Orders must be approved before 15th December 2023.
Work/service/Goods which cannot be completed/delivered by Suppliers/Contractors within 2023 will be charged to 2024 budget, even if Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Orders are issued in 2023. External Auditor will not accept to record goods /services delivered in 2024 as transactions of 2023.
For materials/ services to be delivered in 2023, please request suppliers to submit their Suppliers’ invoices to the Finance office by December 31 for recording in 2023 account.
Note: There is a common misunderstanding that by simply placing Purchase Requisition (PR) or Purchase Order (PO) in 2023, it is sufficient to utilize the 2023 budget.
4) Settlement of outstanding Promissory Note and RTA
Please settle your Promissory Note and RTA within 21st December 2023.
5) Invoicing to Clients
● Schools/Units are requested to submit Requests pertaining to work/services performed for third parties in 2023 (e.g. fees recoverable from donors, income due from project sponsors) to the Finance Office by 21st December 2023.
6) Internal Charges
● All Units which have authority to update Internal Charges through ERP must ensure that the charges of 2023 have been completely updated by 21st December 2023. Units which do not have the authority must submit the Internal Charge Form to the Finance Office by 21st December 2023.
7) Sponsored Projects under Fund 30/31
Schools/Cost centers must ensure that Form E has been completely issued for all closing projects in 2023. Please also provide the list of the completed projects (both Academic and non-Academic projects) to the Finance office. Khun Vandee, Administrative Staff, will contact schools/units for the list.
For further enquiries, please contact:
● Ms. Orawan Kosaipolkul, Senior Accounting Manager Ext # 6346
● Ms. Duangdao, Finance Manager Ext # 6342 (for Payment)
● Ms. Janjira, Deputy Director, Procurement, Inventory and Assets Ext # 5029 (for Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order)
4) AIT Library User Satisfaction Survey 2023 (now - 15 December 2023)
Email from AIT Library on 1 December 2023
AIT Library invites you to participate in the AIT Library User Satisfaction Survey 2023. This survey aims to gather your feedback and opinions to enhance library resources, facilities, and services.
To complete the survey, please click on the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkrIoIhGv1H0LbXEqIGw4k0lv55XIG...
The survey is open from now until December 15, 2023.
By completing this online survey, you will be eligible for the following lucky draw prizes:
- KFC Gift Voucher 500 (1 prize)
- KFC Gift Voucher 200 (5 prizes)
- Waterproof Anti-Theft and USB Charging Crossbody Backpack Tablet Bag for iPad (5 prizes)
- Tablet Sleeve (5 prizes)
- Wireless Mouse (5 prizes)
- Mouse Pad (10 prizes)
- Eco-Friendly USB Flash Drive (5 prizes)
- Paper Stapleless Stapler (2 prizes)
- Springer Nature Bottle (3 prizes)
- Dropper: Pure People Water Bottle 450ml (2 prizes)
- Eco-Friendly Clutch Bag (3 prizes)
- Multi USB Charger (10 prizes)
- Small Digital Clock (1 prize)
- Foldable Travel Bag (5 prizes)
- Notebook + Pen (10 prizes)
Winners will be announced after the survey concludes.
If you encounter any difficulties completing the survey, please contact the Library at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to participate. We sincerely appreciate the valuable information you provide, and it will contribute to the continuous improvement of our Library.
5) Doctoral Final Examination
Email from Registry Unit on 27 November 2023
Ms. Duangthida Hussadintorn Na Ayutthaya (118561), a candidate for the degree of Doctor of Engineering in Industrial and Management Engineering, Department of Industrial Systems Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, will have her final examination on 4 December 2023 (Monday) at 15:00 hrs in Room ISE235, Chalerm Prakiat Building. Her dissertation title is " Customer's PIE for Experiencescape Design."
The members of her Program Committee members are as follows:
Dr. Pisut Koomsap (Chairperson)
Prof. Huynh Trung Luong (Member)
Dr. Yuosre F.M. Badir (Member)
All those who are interested in the topic are invited to join.
The 3rd International Symposium on Disaster Resilience and Sustainable Development (DRSD 2023)
The 3rd International Symposium on Disaster Resilience and Sustainable Development (DRSD 2023) is a continuation of previous symposia held in 2019 and 2021 and which were heralded as successful events. This year, DRSD 2023 will be a fully in-person event which will include keynote speeches, panel discussions, technical sessions, poster presentations and academic exhibitions.
The Symposium is open for participants from around the world and from various fields, such as researchers, practitioners, social motivators, innovators, IGOs, INGO/NGOs, civil society, early career academics, and students. The International Symposium aims to present a discourse on improving developmental practices to reduce long-term complex risks and promote equitable sustainability. This is reflected in the Symposium's six (6) thematic areas.
We are currently open for abstract submission for oral and poster presentations at the Symposium. Visit this link to submit your abstract: http://www.disaster-sustainability.org/paper-submission/
For more information on the Symposium, thematic areas, registration fees and processes, and submission of abstracts, please visit our website: www.disaster-sustainability.org
The Executive Committee Meeting on 8 December 2023
- Prof. Manukid Parnichkun, Faculty ISE-SET/Koh Samui, Thailand/ 4 - 8 December 2023
- Prof. Faiz Shar, Executive Director, Yunus Center/ United Arab Emirates/ 3 - 12 December 2023
- Dr. Guilberto H. Borongan, Director RRC-AP/ Tokyo, Japan/ 12 - 17 December 2023
- Dr. K. R. Salin, Faculty SERD/ Shanghai, China/ 3 - 6 December 2023
- Dr. Sarawut Ninsawat, Faculty SET/ Yunnan, China/ 16 - 22 December 2023
- Dr. Kuo Chieh Chao, Faculty SET/ Hanoi, Vietnam/ 16 - 22 December 2023
- Prof. Sangam Shrestha, Dean-SET/ Singapore/ 6 - 9 December 2023
- Prof. P. Abdul Salam, Dean SERD/ Dubai UAE/ 3 - 9 December 2023
- Prof. Anil Kumar Anal/ Faculty SERD/ Philippines/ 3 - 8 December 2023
- Ms. Aprilia Nidia Rinasi, GIC/ Seoul Korea/ 25 November - 5 December 2023
- Prof. Thammarat Koottatep, Faculty SERD/ Kigali, Rwanda/ 8 - 14 December 2023
- Prof. Weerakorn Ongsakul, Faculty SERD/ UK/ 18 - 22 December 2023
- Prof. Joyashree Roy, Director Smarts Centre/ Netherlands, Japan, India/ 12 November - 22 December 2023
- Dr. Adisorn Lertsinsrubtavee, Director, intERLab/ Hanoi, Vietnam/ 11 - 16 December 2023
- Dr. Ekbordin Winijkul, Faculty-SERD/ Phitsanulok, Thailand/ 30 November - 2 December 2023
- Dr. Wenchao Xue, Faculty, SERD/ Perth, Australia/ 3 - 9 December 2023